Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I passed!

Well, for those of you I spoke to earlier, you know that I passed my proposal defense/meeting. Sad to say however, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. My advisor confided that it was the toughest proposal meeting she had ever been in. Wow! That says a lot, especially if you know her. It is difficult for me to say how it went without disclosing too much that is better left unsaid. As a friend of mine noted, you would be surprised who would cause you the most trouble and who would go up to bat for you in times of need. I definitely had it tough, but as my mom said, if I get through this, I can get through anything. I really hope that my dissertation defense doesn't take 4 or 5 hours considering this one took over 2. I truly thank you for all of your prayers, believe me when I say if it wasn't for the Man Upstairs, I would have been in serious trouble. On a lighter note, I totally aced my stats questions which I was more stressed out about. So now I am officially a doctoral candidate. I would like to mention the level of stress that surrounded this meeting result in my most wonderful husband waiting for me at Cheddar's with my traditional Diet Coke and a Watermelon Martini waiting for me. What more could I ask for? And I have to mention that watching my nephew dance to Curious George early in the morning did bring a smile to my face. Thanks wuchis!
A special thanks goes out to all of you that talked to me right after and consoled my frustrations! You guys rock!
I can do all things through God who strengthens me. Whoever said that was smart... ;)

4 comments:

Devin Rose said...

Way to go, Clarissa! I am excited to see that you are blogging again and look forward to keeping up with you and Jesse.

Enrique said...

Bravo Clariss our little Princess, congratulations to you and Jesse for a job well done. You know that you can do it again...because they tested you badly and you came out of it in flying colors. Mom and Dad are proud of youand always will be. Love and Kisses.

Anonymous said...

Felicidades! Clarissa, you know we all admire you, way to go! Love Gerardo and Roxy.

What you got they can't steal it
No they can't even feel it.
Walk On.

Roxanna said...

Clari Felicidades!! Estamos muy orgullosos de ti como dice Gerardo! TQM =)