Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I should have listened

My husband is pretty smart...I guess I forget that at times. I taught the forms class today at the The Martial Arts Center (The Taekwondo school I work at) and afterward, I asked Jesse to hold a paddle for me to see if I could kick without hurting my toe. For those of you who don't know, Jesse and I went to Cleveland for Senior National Championships a week and a half ago. After my fight, I began limping and then found out I had fractured by pinkie toe. A little boo boo with a lot of pain. Well, I figured I could kick through the pain after not kicking for a week. Jesse's first reaction was, "Amor [that is what he always calls me] you can't kick with a broken toe". And I replied "Oh yes I can. It won't hurt too bad". Jesse's second response "Amor, you shouldn't be kicking." My response, "Oh I will be fine." *I kick and I feel a sharp pain in my toe* My response "yep I can't kick". Jesse's response, "You should trust me, I am your coach and husband." What was I thinking? I know a married him 'cause he was smart... :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aye Clarissa, Y'all crack me up. I wasn't even there at the moment and I can hear both of y'all as if you are standing in front of me. You know I will always back you but this time I will have to agree with Jess. Love you both and thanks for keeping my hope alive that there is someone out there to banter with me too.

Blair said...

Yay! So glad to find your blog! Nice way to keep in touch. I figured things must have come up with the couples' group. I think they'll do the 2nd half next summer, and hopefully it will be offered in different places if you ever want to do Part 1 again. We missed your insights! Hope to see you soon.
Blessings,
Blair :)

Anonymous said...

You two are amazing together! I think back to when you met and wonder where all the time went. It is such a blessing to see how your love for one another has only grown! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

I love that he calls you "amor".. that is so cute! lol :)

Hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful anniversary! God Bless!

-Jennifer :)