Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Coming back to the world

Thanksgiving was blissful for the Kuhns' this year. This is the first time Jesse and I have been able to spend it together since he used to always work Thursday brunch at the restaurant. We had a lovely Thanksgiving lunch at the Stephenson's place. We hadn't seen them in a long time and it was refreshing to see old faces. Jesse and I then drove about an hour to Enrique and Vero's (my bro's and sis' in law's) to meet the entire family waiting for us (although Roxanna was missing). We both love spending time with family and this gave us a perfect break from the world in College Station. My mom and I woke up at 2:00 a.m. on Black Friday to go to Best Buy and hopefully buy 2 camcorders (one for my brother and one for us) a camera, and accessories. It was craaaazzy! There were 230 people ahead of us already! We did get our camcorders and camera, but missed some of our accessories for they were all sold out. Kudos to my mom for being the courageous one to go with me.

We also witnessed the glorious win of the Aggies over the t-sips. Whoop! I can't explain the Kodak moment when the Aggies scored, and my brothers and Jesse stood up very excitedly and gave each other a group hug so as to not wake up my napping nephew and mom. Vero and I just giggled as the boys rejoiced.

My wonderful husband drove into College Station on Saturday to go to work and drove back to Houston when he was done. After some Hacky Sack Championships, we sat around and told old stories of growing up. Jesse and I had planned on driving back to College Station that night, but as we were about to leave, we decided to postpone our return until Sunday morning at 6:30 a.m. because he was due at work at 9:00 a.m. What a hard working man! He even came home at 4 and brought me a rose right before we went to mass together. What a perfect way to end a wonderful weekend!

Well now the weekend is over....back to the real world of homework, jobs, and responsibilities. I have my proposal meeting on Tuesday at 10 am...wish me luck. I have to present my dissertation proposal in front of four professors so they can critique me. Fun. After Tuesday, i will feel much more relieved. I am currently awaiting phone calls from internship sites for interviews. They have until the 15th of December to notify me. It is now time for me to go to sleep. It has been a long day and will be an even longer day tomorrow as I have to polish my presentation and know my stats for Tuesday. Please pray for me...as with everything...only with god can I pull this through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.