Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rennaisance fun and Church


Jesse and I went to the Renaissance Festival today and had a great time. From eating Turkey Legs to seeing a renaissance wedding procession we had a great time. By the way, if you have never tasted chocolate covered frozen bananas, they are WONDERFUL! This was also a great time to spend alone. Sometimes in the craziness of life, we forget that we need to recharge our batteries. Each person has their own way of doing so.
I recharge spending some alone time with Jesse. We talked, laughed, and joked for a couple of hours. It was wonderful! How blessed am I to find such a fantabulous person to spend my life's journey with.
We then took a short drive to Tomball, where we went to church with my brother Enrique and his family. The priest gave a wonderful talk about letting God take care of your future. He told two great analogies. The first, was elderly woman being carried up and down the stairs by her son. She wasn't stong enough to walk by herself, so he helped by carrying her. Well she found it diffiuclt to place her entire trust in him, and would grip the handrail as hard as she could afraid that she would fall. Well this made it more difficult for her son who would try to convince her to let go and to trust that he wouldn't drop her. She would let him carry her for a couple of steps, and upon feeling scared, the woman would grip the handrail again. There are many times that I am too scared to just let God take care of things completely, and try to grab the handrail for fear of falling. I ignore the voice telling me that although I can't walk the steps alone, He will carry me the whole way through. Good food for thought!
The second story I related to very easily. The priest spoke of a little girl sitting on her father's lap helping to drive a tractor at the ranch. She tried hard to keep the steering wheel straight, so that she may not drive the tractor into a ditch. She held on to the steering wheel with a death grip and concentrated so that she could keep the tractor from veering. In the little girl's eyes, she was focused on the wheel and the road and couldn't see the bigger picture. As the camara zooms out, the father has a huge smile on his face with one hand around his daughter, and the other hand on the wheel, knowing without a shadow of a doubt, there is no way this tractor will get out of control. As a girl who used to sit on my dad's lap at our ranch, Santa Rosa, and drive the old beat up pick up truck very carefully with fear of totally wrecking it, I see now that I was never in any danger. Now that I am all grown up, I know still that I am in my Father's lap and He has one hand on the wheel, and He knows beyond a shadow of doubt, that my Tractor will never go into the ditch, no matter how much I fear that I will.

2 comments:

Julie D. said...

Clarebear,
"Rennaisance fun and Church" entry was beautiful. I have been feeling very confused and frustrated lately...reading this made me remember to let go and let God! Sometimes I try to take control of everything and only have tunnel vision. I do not see the big picture. Thanks for reminding me. I love you and miss sooo much! P.S. You and Jess look like you two just met yesterday! I love that! C u luvbirds later!
Love,
ME

Anonymous said...

You inspire me more than you'll ever know...just by being you! Thank you!!