Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 2, 2007

24 hour move in!

Thanks to my wonderful parents, we were able to get this apartment going.

We went from this:







To this 24 HOURS, blood, sweat and tears later:







Crazy huh? I didn't think it would be possible... but with the help of parents, there is nothing that can't be done. By the way, we Do have an extra bedroom and (eventually) an extra working bathroom. So if you are ever in town, feel free to give us a call!

We do have some minor mishaps. This complex was built in 1978 and much has not been replaced. The shower in the bathroom downstairs doesn't work. We have no water in the kitchen except in the dishwasher (Thankfully). The sink in the wet bar doesn't work. The shower upstairs leaks and I can't get a hold of the owner. Not to mention that the dryer makes the breaker flip. My Dad and Jesse did an awesome job fixing the closet shelf thingies....that had obviously broken many times prior to us moving in. I guess the main problem is that the place was vacant for a year, and they didn't even check or inspect anything before we moved in.... at least we don't have to pay for it and this place is much nicer than our old one.

On a lighter note, Jesse and I have eaten on the inexpensive side since I am not working right now and he is starting his new job at Mark's American Cuisine . He went to his first training session today and said he loved it. Everyone is very nice and the waitstaff are all considered Professionals. No women are hired. I am not sure why, but I am guessing to avoid conflicts and I have heard that women are not usually good at waiting tables...hmm who knows. Jesse is the youngest and newest waiter there, the oldes being 57 and the longest lasting has been 10 years (since the opening of the restaurant). We probably won't be eating there soon, since lunch costs about $50 per person and dinner is about $100 per person with no employee discount, go figure. :)

I haven't been out too much although, I have to say that I was smazed at how expensive goin gto the movies can be. Jesse and I went to see the final Die Hard movie on Saturday. We paid $3 to park and 19.50 for two tickets. Ahh Crazy! I guess we will either go to Tomball to watch movies or wait until they come out on DVD at the Kroger (they are $1). Last night, I got to see fireworks from outside our condo which was very pretty although it was very muggy outside. Jesse and I are very excited that the Garcia Ibarrola's are coming to town on the 4th of July to go to an Astros game!!! Yippeee!

That is my news for now... I will keep you posted on how the plumbing goes... have a wonderful Monday!

3 comments:

Blair said...

Looks amazing! Congrats on your new place! Hopefully we'll be seeing you guys more often. Maybe we can have y'all over sometime soon?

veronica said...

clari-

se ve bruto!..todo bien bonito! ojala que todo los problemitas se arreglen pronto!

Roxanna said...

Se ve bien bonito! Yay! Ya mero nos vemos...se les ofrece algo de Austin?