Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A bit better every day

is how I feel about living in Houston. The third plumber showedup today and fixed my kitchen faucet in about 10 minutes, which makes me a bit scared. It turns out that the first plumber put the wrong hose on the faucet. Well, I was really happy until I noticed that when I left the water running for more than 10 seconds it would get stuck. So....I panicked a bit, partially because he had JUST left, and partially because I am tired of this condo breaking apart and called the plumber. Pretty much I was told that it was the holiday weekend and noone was going to come and fix my shower or any of the other things until next Tuesday. Hmmmm, they MUST have working showers and sinks at THEIR home so why should they worry about me having it at mine. Yes, I know I am slightly overreacting but I have definitely learned patience. Next, I got dressed and headed out to Barnes & Noble to go write my dissertation a bit because I really have to get it done. Well about 2 hours later, I couldn't feel my toes anymore (it was freezing) so I came home. I finally gave in to my pride and the disgusting downstairs tub that had oxidized water (is that how you call the gross orange stuff?) and got on my hands and knees to begin the scrubbing. I hadn't done it earlier, because it was SUPPOSED to have been clean when we got here and you can ask my parents, it was DISGUSTING. Anyway, half a bottle of Ajax and this cool bathroom bar clean-it-all product it got much better. I really hope the owner was okay, 'cause Lord knows no happy thoughts were going through my mind. Well, I was really angry that the water in the sink wouldn't go away, and just so happened to have Drano. So I figured it couldn't hurt. I poured a whole bottle of dranno down the sink and said a little prayer. At first, it didn't showing promising results, but after a while the water went bye bye into the sink hole thingy. Yay!!! I put some clothes in the wash and then the dryer, which come to think of it, I hope the breaker hasn't flipped because it did last time... and now I am attacking the fan in our room. This fan is SOOOOO noisy. I can't go to bed at night because it is so loud. I can hear it from the kitchen downstairs OVER the radio playing. Yeah...its that bad. Anyway, I have tried taping nails to each of the blades to try to figure out which one is off....but to no avail. Maybe Jesse can help when he gets home. I am officially tired...and I wish the owner would return my million phone calls, but no luck.

I did receive a DVD of Jesse when he was about 2 years old which is adorable. I would put a clip on here, but don't know how to transfer it from the dvd. It made me smile. Ah, the little things.....

2 comments:

missymey said...

i think that if anything, your little condo is going to make you and jesse handypeople who can fix almost anything. :)

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of moving! Sounds like you are quite a busy bee...I pray that everything turns out ok and in working order SOON. Take care - miss ya :)