Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Cooking with Clarissa

Howdy!!! Well, all of you should be very proud of me. Why, do you ask? Very simply stated, I cooked and cleaned!!!! Not that I NEVER do both of those, but both in one day?? That is an accomplishment. Not to mention I went to Super Wal-Mart to get groceries and buy a new vaccum. To add to the excitement...not only did I go to Wal-Mart, cook, and clean...but I also went to the Rec to work out with my good friend Marcus. Go me!!!!! Yes, I am a bit excited, but I don't think I have been this productive in a while. I wish I could be this excited about writing my dissertation. Oh well, life can't be THAT easy. Anyway, back to my cooking... Our good friend Detlef gave us a freezer FULL of venison. I mean, we could probably eat this stuff non-stop for over 6 months. I called my mom on my way to Wal-Mart to have her help me on what I was going to buy. I have to admit she is a very patient woman. She stayed on the phone telling me what I needed to make a good guisado to make for Jesse when he got home from work. I strolled around Wal-Mart for over 2 hours (I don't like grocery shopping, hence I don't know where anything is). My dad looked at some reviews for some vaccums because our old "Fantom" vaccum sucked its last piece of lint and made the house smell like something was burning. So I finally left Wal-Mart with a lot of veggies, frozen fruit, and my new Eureka Altima Turbo. I arrived at my house, and my mom led me step by step with my guisado (which isi beef stew, but sounds some much better in the spanish "guisado). And becuase I was SOOOO proud of myself, I took some pics of my wonderful creation. When Jesse arrived, he was so surprised (did I say I don't cook often?) that he was up for immediately putting the vaccum together and getting all of the living room picked up so we could try out our new vaccum!!!! What a man!!! So here are some pics of my wonderful guisado, which Jesse still calls "guisada".
And by the way, I LOVE my new vacuum!!!!!! Jesse and I vaccum for a good 30 minutes, using all the accessories all over our living room. Tomorrow, we will vaccum the stairs and our upstairs bedrooms.

2 comments:

Roxanna said...

oooooooooh! :O
Pasame la receta Clari!

Anonymous said...

Job well done Clari! The guisado looks GREAT...wanna send me some? Take care :)