Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Chronicles of Interview Process - Part 5, 6, and 7

It has been a while and I am glad to say the interview proces is OVER!! A little on the last three places that I interviewed. First, I had my phone interview with the Child and Family Guidance Clinic in Northridge, California. I think it went very well. They have a Delinquency Prevention Program that I found very interesting. The interveiw last for about 45 minutes. I have to admit the phone interview is a bit different from a face to face interveiw. You can't read facial cues, and can't tell if they are expecting to hear more or less.
The next place I interviewed at was at Fort Worth ISD which was a wonderful program in my opinion. All the people were very nice and it seemed like the internship is very well structured. What I really enjoyed about this sit and that the year is dedicated to the interns and the experiences they want to undergo. All of the interns seemed quite happy and all the pschologists were very laid back as well.
The last place I interveiwed was Houston ISD. My interveiw was delayed a week due to the wonderful ice we encountered in Texas. My interview at Houston was different than all the others. They had 4 rooms and from 2 to 4 peopl ein each room shooting questions at you. It kept me on my toes and I felt very goo dabout all my answers and my background. The Houston internship was definitely a well rounded program and with 200,000 studetns there is a great variety of clients I could encounter. I really enjoyed all of the aspects of the program and the psychologists seemed to know their field relatively well. I have heard that their program is one of the better ones among school districts. They are very hearvy in crisis intervention and consultation which are two areas I enjoy. Plus, they offer a wide range of opportunities to develop other areas of interest as well.

So...one may ask......what are my rankings??? Well you are soon to find out....however, due to anyone having access to my blog....I will let you know on Feb. 23. The day we find out whether we matched.

For now...the Chronicles will go on pause for a couple of weeks...but I will be able to write on other aspects of our life.

No comments: