Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Chronicles of Interview Process - Part 3 and 4

Howdy fellow readers! I am finally home from Dallas and Lewisville, and a bit more confused. hehe. I interviewed at Dallas ISD Tuesday and it was a very disappointing. When we visited in the Fall and a couple of years ago, it seemed like a very warm, inviting place. This time, it was a bit hmmm impersonal. We went to lunch with some of the psychologists, but few introduced themselves. I really couldn't tell who was interviewing and who was the person bering interviewed. During the interview, the process was very uninviting. You were presented a scenario and asked to interpret it. The part that I found very uneasy, was the fact that those interviewing looked down at their papers writing and rarely looked up. After the scenario was over they asked if i had any questions for them. The other places I interviewed asked about my interests and personality. Well...besides that experience, i don't want to rule them out, because I had high hopes for them before interviews. I REALLY like the program and have a great population. They have the opportunity to work with Hispanics, crisis intervention, adolescents, and many more. I did feel relieved however, when some of the same people interviewed at Lewisville the next day, said they felt the same way about the interview.
Lewisville was earlier today, and I have to admit I was a bit more impressed than I thought I was going to be. Durig the interview, they did stress they were trying not to be so focused just on assessment and incorporate other programs. They had some interesting family opportunities and working with other populations. I felt very good about the interview and got a very good vibe from the psychologists there.

As an added bonus, Jesse had the opportunity to work out at GT Sport TaeKwonDo on Tuesday night. He expressed genuine interest in Dallas, so at least I know he would be very happy here. It is important to me that he feels good wherever we go even though it is such a short time (one year). I have a phone interview tomorrow morning. I will let you know how that goes.

By the way, I am behind on returning phone calls. Please forgive me. I have heard your messages, but have been on the move for the past 6 days. Love you guys!

3 comments:

Roxanna said...

Que padre que estas escribiendo todo! Estamos rezando por ti para que todo siga saliendo bien!
You can do it! =)

Anonymous said...

Mi querida Clarissa,
Estoy impresionado con tu paz interna. Que Diosito bendiga tu decision y seguramente te acompanara donde decidas pasar tu interno :)

Love,
Enrique y Veronica

Anonymous said...

peace & blessings as you continue in discerning your journey.