Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Its time to go home....

for some familia time. Jesse and i have been preparing ourselves for this wonderful trip home and are about ready to go. We are not totally packed, but the suitcase is out ready to be filled. One of the many great fantabulous things we look forward to are all the family reunions of the week. Soemtimes I do wish it was over a two week period instead of one...I'll take what I can get. First, we have the 24th at Tio Pocho's place where my mom's side of the family parties it up. Nest we have the 25th with the good ol' family. The 26th we have Gerardo and Roxy's pedida, which is the huge dinner where my parents ask Roxy's parents for her hand. The 27th is the primada, which is a party with all the cousins and significant others on my mom's side (that 26 ranging from ages 16ish to 32ish) where we play games (last year we had Kareoke), eat and have a good ol' time. The 28th is a day of rest where hopefully Jesse and I will go to a concert where an ol' friend of mine is playing. The 29th is the Party with the Garcia side of the family where we eat tamales and other yummy stuff. The 30th is a huge couples shower for my brother and his fiance and Rafa (my cousin) and his fiance. The 30th is ALSO the Kuhns' FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!! The deserves a blog entry to itself, but Ii will write about it later. The 31st is our annual New Year's Party which Jesse has been a part of for the past 4 years!!! This party is a huge family tradition where my mom's side of the family comes together and we give eachother the "abrazo" (which means the hug for the new year. Everyone gets all dolled up and we have a great time as we count down to the new year. Well that is our Holiday Extravaganza week. Sadly Jesse has to work on the 26th and will have to drive back to College Station for a day. Oh well, my kicking and complaining won't get the day back (I already tried ;) ) . Well off to packing I go! Have I mentioned that it is very hard to type with 8 fingers???

No comments: