Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

More than 17

stones were in my gallbladder... How all those stones fit in my little gallbladder?? I have no idea but they sure caused pain. Thankfully, I am out of surgery and much better. I walk like I am 80 and have everyone pass me up in the hallway, but at least I am getting better. I have to admit the post-surgery pain was more than I thought, but it is slowly going away. It has offivially been 72 hours post-surgery, and I walk a little straighter, but I still hate coughing and laughing. My coughing spasms have gotten so painful, that I automatically start saying Hail Mary's as I start feeling the cough coming and in between coughs. But this is nothing compared to the years of pain that I could swear up an ddown was stress related. First surgery in my life....not so bad. Don't really want to do that again. One thing that was incredible, was how much support I had. I had no time to get nervous, as family members continuously dropped by the hospital. Not to mention, by courageous husband and parents who stood by me the whole time. I never had the chance to fear going under the knife. There are two people who I would love to thank. Chances are they will never see this, but I still owe them many thanks. My Tio Jesus Armenta and his father Tio Raul Armenta for operating on me. I couldn't have been in better hands. Plus, I got the compliment of having strong abdominal muscles and no fat . What girl wouldn't love to hear that from a doctor who actually saw under the skin? That, my dear people is the silver lining. So for you eager people who would love to see my stone infested gall bladder....here ya go.
What you see here is my gallbladder (the little bag looking thing) and 17 stones that were in it. The crazy part of all of this, is that there are more stones in the gallbladder still. 17 are the only ones that didn't fall out. How did they fit in there for so many years?? PAINFULLY! :)

If you want to see a huge version of this pic, just click on it....
I would show you the video of Jesse shaking them, but I am going to guess you will take my word that stones are rock solid.

Praise God that it is all better and getting better all day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear: so happy you have come through this ok - I hope your recovery will be a speedy one - but don't try to rush it! hugs and kisses to you and Jess. Love, Joyce