Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Long distance relationship while living together

Another weekend has come and gone...and my dissertation is on the same shelf it was last week. Ugh...Jesse has been working 4 days straight and this has been taxing on both of us so we have resorted back to our original means of communication-email. When I get home at about 5, I write to Jesse telling him of my day, the ups and the downs. When Jesse gets home at midnight, he responds about his day. By the time Jesse gets home, I am usually switching from dream 4 to dream 5. Texting each other when we have a free chance at work helps as well. This morning, we just talked for about 3 hours without getting up from bed. Most of all, we talked about how much we missed each other's company. It is in times like these that of all the things I miss about marriage, I mostly miss be able to talk to my best friend. But in order to pay the bills and put food on the table, we go to work and follow the discipline and look forward to the 2 minute conversations we have during the day. I have to admit, when Jesse and I get to spend time together, we talk, we laugh, and we talk some more. If we watch tv, we talk about what is going on on tv, and chances are we don't answer our phones (sorry, guys). Jesse is off at work again, so I can write a bit. As much as I dislike our current situation, I love my marriage more and more every day. And THAT is a blessing...

1 comment:

veronica said...

Clari, I can only imagine how hard that must be, but the good thing is that you guys truly appreciate the time that you do have together and your love for each other is only growing stronger with the passing days..miss you guys;)