Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Collegiates was a success and Baby Bug Continued!

I have partially regained my normal routine after last week. Thankfully, Collegiates was a success! We had athletes from over 35 schools and over 350 competitors. The Texas A&m TaeKwonDo Team took home 1st place for Color Belts, 2nd place for Black belts, and 2nd place Overall (Berkeley won First). Our team fought very well and I was very proud of all the members who kept volunteering even though they were hurting after their competition.

Jesse fought very well. First, I was very proud of him for making weight (He weighed in at 136.6 lbs.) He then coached most of the color belts. Jesse's first fight was against Dana Willoughby from Florida. I didn't seem Jesse or Dana move that much although Jesse came up with the win. Jesse's second fight was against Andrew Oh from New York. I may be biased, but I felt that the reffing was totally unfair, and even had the whole crowd calling her out. In TaeKwonDo it takes 4 full point deductions to get disqualified. Each minor infraction causes a half point deduction. Well to make a long story short, Andrew ended up with 3 full point deductions when he should have had 5 full point deductions and therefore disqualified. I was very upset after the fight and after making a comment about the guy cheating Jesse said to me with a smile, "It's only cheating if the ref says it is." True, but it still makes me mad ;). On the bright side, I saw Jesse fight like never before. I saw him get into the "zone" and fight wth his heart. Unfortunately, he didn't come up with the win and worse yet, some "friends/old teammates" of his thought it was appropriate to tease him about it, when it just wasn't funny. Some people just never grow up and we will keep them in our prayers. One thing is for sure. His team - the team that he trained was by the ring the whole time yelling and screaming his name because not only is he a Great athlete, but he is a great person, and everyone knows it. This is me cheering as loud as I can!!!

So now, Jesse goes to Portland in a week and a half to fight at another qualifying event. Unfortunately, these flights are expensive, and we can't both go.
Now....its back to the world of dissertation. Oh well....it had to come back. I will probably be at Sweet Eugene's tomorrow night.
And to continue on the Baby Bug....its still there....and we've been praying about it....and we ask for yours too! (Its kinda hard to wait when you see the cutest little redhead boy at Wings and More). Its also hard when there are babies EVERYWHERE hehe. Its the sweetest temptation. At least our future children now how much we longed for them!!!!

3 comments:

Roxanna said...

Felicidades a Jesse, Clari! Nos hubiera gustado haber ido pero no se pudo. Y lo del bebito...estaremos rezando por ustedes, claro que no me disgustaria nada que me hablaras y me dijeras que voya ser Tia! =)

Devin Rose said...

Way to kick butt, Jesse!

veronica said...

How blessed Jesse is to have such a supportive and loving wife...and Jesse, I wish we could be there to see you fight at one of these tournaments...I don't think I have ever seen you fight! we will continue to pray for your baby intentions...all will be as it should be ...:) miss you guys!