Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 20, 2007

Dissertation Woes

I haven't posted in a while, due to my "little" paper called the DISSERTATION. I shudder at the word. Thankfully, I have been able to go to the sweet little coffee shop about 3 blocks from my apartment "Sweet Eugene's" every day from about 6 to about 1am and diligently work on this little obstacle. I keep on add the word "little" to anything that describes this paper because it helps me realize that its just a little hill in this life. Right now, its not a hill. Right now its the Mount Everst of my life and I don't have much more rope to hold to to keep me from saying "Geronimo!!!" Although I have to admit, it is kind of cute when Jesse out of sheer curiosity asks me over some brisket at Rudy's "So...tell me where you are on your disseration?" I begin to tell him how I am preparing my data for my analysis that involves comparing my complete data with my non complete data to make sure my data isn't missing at random. Somewhere in this sentence I get the "I don't get it look". So I respond with my "I am not sure how to explain it". And Jesse immediately looks down, disappointed. So, I try. And Jesse is such a good sport about it. I am sure that 99% of the time I end up talking to myself about what I should be doing, and why I should running one analysis over another until I realize that I've lost him again, to which he says, "No..keep going...I am interested in knowing what you do." Who really wants to hear about regression models and attrition analyses? I guess that is one of the million reasons I married the man. It doesn't matter what I am talking about. He likes to listen anyway. Well it is 4am. And should probably get some sleep. I have to work some more analyses early in the day, I have a wedding rehearsal at 6:30, a TaekwonDo Formal Sports Banquet at 7:00 and a wedding on Saturday. Busy weekend!! Oh and guess who is camping outside of Circuit City Sunday morning to get the new Nintendo Wii??? ;)

No comments: