Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Crazy week

Next week begins one of the craziest weeks of the semester. The Texas A&M TaeKwonDo Team is hosting the 32nd annual National Collegiate TaeKwonDo Championship and yours truly is one of the ever-so-busy officers, and yours truly's husband is the head coach. What does this all mean? Well it is a huge even next Friday and Saturday and Jesse and I will be working our little tooshies to get it done. Jesse will be Sparring on Saturday and we will both be doing Forms on Friday. For those of you who don't know, Forms are the artistic side of TaeKwonDo where you do a series of techniques in a prescribed order according to your rank. You are then subjectively graded against all others of the same rank. Sparring is 3 2-minute rounds of non-stop fighting with a 30-second break in between. You may kick any area above the belt and punch above the belt, but below the head. You receive one point for a kick to the body that cause "trembling shock". You receive 2 point to a solid kick to the head. And finally, you receive an extra point if your opponent receives an 8-count. I will not be fighting, because I have been so busy with this whole officer/dissertation/work stuff, that I haven't gotten in into fighting shape and will postpone to a later time. My husband, however, will be fighting at the Bantam division ( which I have to mention he has to make weight at 136.7 lbs) I only mention it to descirbe my husband's devotion and discipline in the sport of TaeKwonDo. He weighed 184 lbs in May of last year. Today he weighed 145, and he will weigh 136.7 by Friday morning. Once he weighs in, he will have 24 hours to rehydrate and eat as much as he can. He has been running at least 6 miles every day, and when he is up to it, he extends it to 12. Crazy huh? I can't get myself to the student recreation center to run for 10 minutes!!! I ask for your prayers. He has a pretty big division and has to score first through 4th to move on to Team Trials. If you are in the area, I ask that you come and cheer on your fellow aggies. For the first time we will have a 38 member team and hopefully will take home the Collegiate First Place. Well it is off to bed for now my friends...but I will keep you posted. Kudos to our Godson, Gerardito for celebrating his first birthday yesterday and cousin Rafael and his lovely new wife Laura, who got married within the last 5 hours in Mexico City!!!

No comments: