Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Late night update

Okay...maybe posting my daily advances will allow me to avoid procrastination.
I just emailed my advisor a second draft of my chapter 4 (discussion).

For those of you that have no clue what a dissertation looks like:

Abstract : brief synopsis of researchhypothesis and findings

Chapter 1: Intro and Lit Review - An extensive literature review that answers the question "What is aggression? What is the current research? What are the accepted theories? Why will your research be innovative? On what theoretical framework are you basing your hypotheses?" (By the way, we don't just say hey researching THIS or THAT would be cool... ;) )

Chapter 2: Methods - Describe the participants (subjects), the assessment techniques, the analyses to be run on your data and the reasoning behind why you decided to use these statistical techniques versus others

Chapter 3: Results - The jargon most people skip. In this section, the nitty gritty statistical results are presented. You see most of the tables inthsi section with brief explanation of what was found.

Chapter 4: Discussion - THE WHOLE PURPOSE IN WRITING THE DISSERTATION. hehe Here you say what you found, why you think you found it, what it means for future research, implications for practice, and limitations to your study.

So there you have it...some dissertations are broken up into 5 chapters...others into 4. They should all have the same information. At this point in time, I have completed Chapters 1-3, and my discussion is approaching completion fairly quickly. The full thing is approaching 70 pages. FUN.

For those you are who just got completely bored reading this...I apologize...I need to find motivation to do this. If this doesn't work, my promise not to play Wii MarioKart until I finish should do the trick.

2 comments:

B said...

You can do it! *waves pom poms for Clarissa*

Anonymous said...

Duro y dale!

You go girl ;)

Animo al cuadro!

Give 'em a left-right-upper cut ;)

No le aflojes!

Huuuaaaaa ;)

No guts no glory!

Metele primera reforzada ;)

Hm Hm Hm HM!

Pedal to the metal!

Keep it up ;)

Dale gas!

Sick 'em ;)

Con ganas, baby!

Piece a cake, upside down ;)

Got your back!

-enrique [:>]-I--<